Herbal Medicine From The Heart Of The Earth by Dr. Sharol Marie Tilgner
An herbal reference guide for the herbalist, nurse, physician, pharmacist, or lay person who wants a textbook level education on herbal remedies.
- Written by the founder of Wise Woman Herbals, Dr. Tilgner shares all her herbal secrets gained from 35 years of experience as a clinician, herb farmer, herbal remedy maker and lover of herbs.
- An encyclopedia of 190 Herbs to know, use in formulas and make into healing herbal remedies or products.
- Learn to use these herbs in herbal formulas or recipes for the most common health conditions, organized by body systems.
- Learn which part of each herb is used, how it tastes and smells, tendencies of the herb, actions of the herb, dosage, active herbal constituents, contraindications, as well as information on interactions with drugs is included.
- An introduction to herbal medicine product forms comparing the advantages and disadvantages of herbal tinctures, glycerites, capsules, salves, suppositories, steam inhalations, poultices, teas and many others.
- Herbal Formulations and recipes include doses for most common ailments with explanations of why each herb is in the formula.
- A resource to help practitioners integrate herbal therapy into their practice with clients or patients.
- A detailed description of how to make the most common classifications of herbal products.